Did you know Global Supply Chain Risk Events Increased 36% in 2018?
In this webinar, we discuss 2018 EventWatch Annual report findings.
By viewing this webinar, you will learn:
• That many supply chains may not be adequately prepared to handle
disruptions. Global supply chain risk events increased 36% in
2018, according to the Resilinc’s Annual EventWatch Report.
• For corporations managing complex supply chains, 2018 provided
many familiar challenges such as factory fires, extreme weather
events, earthquakes and mergers and acquisitions.
• Resilinc EventWatch issued 2,696 event notices for a 36% increase year
over year which averages about seven per day. Of these, Resilinc
classified 907 events as those impacting its customers’ mapped
supplier sites, and therefore requiring an impact assessment.
• Global risks increased overall, but volatile and uncertain
geopolitical conflicts—including the U.S.-China trade conflicts and
Brexit—pose some of the most potentially costly and disruptive supply
• 2018’s top 5 most destructive natural disasters, top 5 most reported
events, and events that often have impacts that do not manifest
immediately but can eventually lead to serious disruptions and even a
total loss of supply.