Resilinc EventWatch Spotlight
Sterigenics and Sterilization Challenges Ripple Across the Industry
Download our EventWatch Spotlight Report on Sterigenics and learn how a series of events ultimately led to sterilization supply challenges.
Read this report and learn:
- The events leading up to the April 9 hearing of Sterigenic's injunction against the Illinois EPA.
- What steps you can take to be aware, proactive, and prepared when patient lives are at risk.
- How your company could utilize Resilinc's EventWatch monitoring to know 6 months ahead of other Healthcare companies.
April 2019: For six months before the FDA announced the full scope of impacts arising from environmental concerns over ethylene oxide, Resilinc customers were kept up-to-date with EventWatch alerts.
- What started in September 2018 as a controversy in a small Illinois town over the health impacts of ethylene oxide—a chemical gas used for sterilization in many industries—has since mushroomed into a critical supply-chain challenge affecting almost 600 medical products made by some 100 companies. At this time, the situation is still highly fluid with
the potential to worsen significantly.
- Many companies want to be proactive, be prepared and have a playbook ready, and some initial pre-work done towards qualifying newer, safer technologies as a safeguard against broader restrictions and regulatory action governing use of EtO. Resilinc recommends this as it can be difficult to scramble and do this reactively after restrictions come into effect.